Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Almost there

Three more days until the race and I am starting to get nervous. My pace is still pretty slow and my 3 mile run today was ridiculously painful (even though it was uphill), and it didn't boost my confidence that much. However, it was nice running with classmates. Tepper's Endurance Club has been organizing biweekly runs and stair climbs and swims and other activities, and my schedule hadn't allowed me to join them (also I was a little apprehensive about running with a group and being the last one holding the group back). I finally did today, and it definitely keeps the energy going for longer.

Being nervous is not too bad though - a little nervous energy always makes for a better performance (or that's how its been throughout all my dancing and public speaking opportunities). No matter how many times you go out on stage, you still want to run right before the curtains go up. The difference is that you choose to fight and not fly away.

Having these things to focus on takes some attention away from other final week activities. It is the beginning of the end and soon we will be saying goodbye. However, a good friend said that goodbyes aren't forever - it is essentially saying I'll miss you until I see you again.

Bottom Line: Use the nervous energy - go, go, go!

No comments: