Monday, April 21, 2014

Hidden Energy


Potential - something we hear recruiters talk about all the time. I remember back in the day when I first learned about Kinetic and Potential energy (yes - big deal - everyone knows the two!), but I hadn't thought how long I would be using it, or a part of it. I ran, well a little more than I did last time, and towards the end of my run, I somehow burst into a sprint a couple times. I was absolutely exhausted by then and somehow managed to pull that off. I figure we all have that in us, but it is hidden.

It just made so much sense to me - all the "tap into your potential" or the "you have it in you" encouragement that you read about/ hear about - it may be literally true? Then again, I won't completely truly believe this until I can beat all those others that just blow past me like they put no effort into their runs. (Didn't I JUST write about running at your own pace in my last post? Running does make you competitive)

Bottom Line: There is a reserve of energy in you somewhere - just a matter of figuring out how and when to tap into it.

No comments: